How the heck do you whittle a list down to 5 when there are SO many great things out there? I’m beginning to understand why Oprah’s lists get longer and longer each year. In the spirit of the season, I’ve chosen five products that capture the Summer Season.
1. Laundry detergent from the Good Home Company. The company was started with the goal of capturing the scents from summer childhood, using all natural ingredients as much as possible. One whiff of this stuff and you will never want to use that synthetic Tide again. I’ve spent my whole life using All because it was the only commerical detergent I wasn’t allergic to- for me, having beautifully scented clothes is a new luxury I can’t get enough of. They have a full line of home cleaning products in scents like Beach Days and Paris Rain- my personal recommendation is Pure Grass, which is childhood summers in a bottle.
2. Bubble Wands from Wizard Metals. Everyone loves blowing bubbles; it is one of life’s simple pleasures. To make it even more magical, this small home based business hand crafts wands that look like they came straight from Merlin’s treasure chest. My daughter can’t get enough of hers, and neither can I. There are multiple designs including special wedding wands.
3. The Spring collection from Skechers. I’ve come to the realization that I just can’t justify a closet full of Jimmy Choos when I’m living the Keds lifestyle, but I can’t bring myself to wear boring shoes either. The Skechers collection is cute, comfortable, and perfect for tromping through the zoo on a Friday afternoon. Leave your sweater set and khakis at home; this is for the babydoll T and jeans crowd.
4. Community Sponsored Agriculture. Want to support local, sustainable farming (usually organic) and get fantastic, fresh local produce for a reasonable price? I just learned about the wonders of CSA programs and have delved into the world of just- harvested vegetables. A great alternative to fighting for parking at the Farmer’s Market. For more information or to find one near you, check out Local Harvest.
5. If you’re out in the heat, you need glorious hair that can take the elements. I’ve used hundred of products for my dry, sometimes frizzy hair over the years and nothing has worked the way that Tigi’s S Factor has. This product smoothes, shines, and overall rocks. If I run out and end up using my old favorite, the difference is immediate and I run back to the salon ASAP.